12 Things To Do In Niagara Falls Canada
Niagara Falls Canada has numerous attractions and you would need a few days to visit all of them. Most of the attractions are located along Niagara Parkway, which runs along the Niagara River. Some of the must-see attractions are:
1. View Niagara Falls: It is absolutely free. Walk along the Niagara Parkway promenade for some amazing views.
2. Journey Behind the Falls: Go down an elevator into the rock behind Horseshoe Falls, then walk down a tunnel to view the Falls through portals cut into the rock. Finally, you will emerge close to the base of Horseshoe Falls. An exhilarating experience not to be missed.
3. Hornblower Niagara Cruise: A boat ride that takes you close to the American, Bridal Veil and finally Horseshoe Falls. It is perhaps the most popular tourist attraction (closed in winter) in Niagara Falls, Canada.
4. Floral Clock: Located on Niagara Parkway, this 40-ft diameter functioning clock’s face is made up of thousands of carpet bedding plants arranged in an intricate design.
5. Clifton Hill: This neighbourhood has restaurants, malls, museums, themed activities, wax museums, and much more. Take a ride on a giant Ferris wheel – the Niagara SkyWheel.
5. Niagara-on-the-Lake: This lovely town has an old world charm and is home to many vineyards and wineries. You can visit a winery and take a tour too!
6. Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory: See plant varieties from all over the world in the 40-hectare grounds. It is also home to Butterfly Conservatory where over 2,000 colourful tropical butterflies fly freely in a rainforest setting.
7. Skylon Tower: Take an elevator to the observation deck atop the 158 meters high Skylon Tower for panoramic views of Niagara Falls and surrounding areas. Have lunch or dinner in one of its 2 restaurants – Revolving Dining Room Restaurant and Summit Suite Buffet Dining Room. There are many shops, cafes, and theatre at the base.
8. Niagara Falls Illumination and Fireworks: Don’t miss seeing Niagara Falls in the evening when it is illuminated by multi-coloured lights. You can also enjoy fireworks at 10:00 p.m. on select days of the year.
9. Whirlpool Aero Car: This cable car has been operating since 1916. It travels high above the Niagara River and offers a wonderful view of the Niagara Whirlpool.
10. Queenston Heights Park: This landscaped park in Queenston was the site of a fierce battle during the War of 1812. It also has the Brock Monument and Laura Secord Monument.
11. Fudge Factory: You can watch fudge and candy being prepared here. Chocolates, candies, chocolate covered treats, and many other sweets are sold here.
12. Bird Kingdom: Visit the world’s largest free-flying indoor aviary. See exotic birds, animals and reptiles too.
You may not be able to see all the attractions in Niagara Falls Canada, but with some planning, you can visit many sights.
Articlesnow4u.com cannot show any publisher Adsense adverts at the moment, we have decided to create a clone site to give our publishers the opportunity to use Adsense with their articles to create further revenue.
The clone site is Articlesnow4u-Adsense.com your user details and articles have been copied from articlesnow4u.com as of Mon 28th May 16:00 GMT, please can all users check their login details and make slight changes to their articles please.