With growing globalisation, participating in international trade shows is a great way to showcase your products/services and increase your brand's awareness. It is also a good way to network and learn what is going on in the industry. International exhibitions are useful to develop an export market, gain access to both partners and potential customers.
You’d think a trade show is a trade show is a trade show. Gigantic halls, hundreds of exhibitors, impressive displays, huge crowds weaving their way through aisles and corridors. All this is true but there are differences. For one, international exhibitions cost a lot more and there are the added costs of travel, accommodation, stand staff, etc. So you need to know exactly what you’re getting into, and plan accordingly for most effective results and ROI.
There are many points to consider and remember. We have tried to put down the most important ones under 6 different headings.
Know the expo
- Do thorough research before you choose the expo that's right for your company and business objectives?
- Every trade show has its own rules & regulations. Do a detailed study of the organiser's manual; make note of all deadlines and dos & don’ts
- Book early for early bird savings and to get the space & location of your choice
- If a trade association is organising a group stand at the show, you may consider participating as a group member. It will add to your credibility and be cheaper than having your own stand.
Know the country
- Find out the customs and local rules so you avoid embarrassing situations
- Study cultural and political differences: is it ok to use first names, should one offer a business card the moment you meet, what phrases to use, should you be dressed in casuals or a business suit, etc.
- Get an idea of prices and rates in the foreign country. It's going to be expensive for sure, so be prepared, make arrangements for finance and keep enough cash in pocket.
- Language is usually a problem especially in European and far eastern countries. It often makes sense to hire local people as interpreters or as stand staff so they can interact effectively with visitors and communicate more efficiently.
- It’s useful to have your sales material and display panels professional translated into the local language for better results.
- Contact the show organisers for listing in their brochure.
- If budgets permit, place an advertisement in the show's brochure.
- Send emailers to existing & potential clients informing them of your participation.
- Promote your participation on your website & social media closer to the time.
- If you’re planning to hand out samples or branded freebies, order them well in advance so you avoid last minute stress.
Personal preparation, in advance
- Make your travel & hotel bookings early so you get the best fares & tariff. Nearer to the exhibition dates, local hotels get full and flights get really expensive.
- Once your participation in the international trade show is confirmed, apply for your passport & visa.
- Plan and organize your clothing. If you need to wear suits, get yours dry cleaned and ready. If it’s scheduled in winter and you need warm clothes, get them organized.
- Organise finance: currency, prepaid credit cards, etc. Find out if the country has restrictions on the amount of cash you can carry in, and plan accordingly.
- Pack enough business cards: you don’t want to run out of them when meeting prospective customers. Also, be sure to print your country’s name in the address so visitors know and remember where you’re from.
- Ensure your mobile will work overseas so you're always accessible.
Last but not least, you need to sign on an exhibition design agency with the experience and expertise to design creative, customized exhibition stands, and the capability for flawless, timely execution in the country of your expo.
SEED - Smart Exhibition & Environment Display is a user experience design concept by Interics Designs Pvt. Ltd. offering complete Exhibition build & design, Environment Design solutions and Event Design & planning - from concept to commissioning. With a strategic approach to every brief, intelligent creative and proven expertise in production & stall construction, SEED ensures satisfaction and success for every assignment.
As a globally operating exhibition and environment design agency with over 25 years of experience, SEED has a team of professional designers, stall builders & contractors specializing in distinctive 3D stall design, eye-catching graphics and flawless execution.
For a stylish, innovative and world-class trade show stall that does your company proud, contact www. smartexhibitiondesign.com
Articlesnow4u.com cannot show any publisher Adsense adverts at the moment, we have decided to create a clone site to give our publishers the opportunity to use Adsense with their articles to create further revenue.
The clone site is Articlesnow4u-Adsense.com your user details and articles have been copied from articlesnow4u.com as of Mon 28th May 16:00 GMT, please can all users check their login details and make slight changes to their articles please.