What Should You Know About Cooled Thermal Cameras?
The first thing that you need to know is that three different technologies can be used for thermal cameras. The first one is uncooled technology. It is the cheapest one, and it is excellent for low to mid-range applications. The second one is the advanced uncooled technology. As the name implies, it is an advancement from the basic one. A long range surveillance camera can use this type of technology and produce very good results. But it is not the best alternative for very long distances. For that purpose, the best ones are the cooled thermal cameras.
The range of these cameras can be named extreme. Why? Because they can reach the same surveillance range as the top-notch white light cameras during the best conditions. And they have the advantage of producing much better results in challenging weather conditions. They also can detect humans or devices that are emitting heat through obstacles from an extreme range. All of these advantages will ensure that the missions of your teams will be much easier to succeed than before due to the bigger amount of information that they will have available.
But all of these advantages are not for free. The overall costs that this type of camera requires are much larger than the other models. Cooled cameras require regular maintenance to be able to keep their specs at maximum potential. Of course, the maintenance will cost you money. And in the lifetime of the cameras, the amount you paid will probably double. So, you should only use these cameras for missions and situations that require extreme long-range thermal detection. Otherwise, you can use advanced uncooled cameras. Although the range is not as long, the prices and overall costs of this type of camera is much lower.
Benefits of Using Cooled Thermal Cameras!
What are the benefits that your organization can expect to get from using the https://silentsentinel.com/solutions/thermal-imaging-camera-options/cooled-thermal-technology/ cooled thermal cameras ? Well, many benefits can be found. But there are 3 that have the highest importance. Some of the government organizations are the ones that will benefit the most from the advantages provided by these cameras. These advantages will compound with the abilities of your trained teams to produce even better results and increase the importance of your organization.
• Better information. Nowadays, the importance of information is very well understood by government organizations. And the cameras that use the cooling technology can provide your teams with critical information during the missions. For example, they can help your teams detect the number and position of everyone in the enemy base. Then, they can use this information to make the best possible plan.
• Better protection. The information obtained about the enemy base will protect the lives of your teams. Also, in missions where travel is needed, these cameras can detect any potential ambush. And this will prevent many of your teams from getting wiped. You can even say that you do not buy cameras. Instead, you buy a second or even third life for your teams. For this reason, you should make sure that all your equipment, not only the cameras, are the best that you can find.
• Better stealth abilities. The last benefit is a massive increase in the stealth abilities of your teams. The massive range will allow your teams to keep the enemy base under surveillance from a long enough distance to be undetected by the enemies. This will also help your teams take the enemy by surprise and be undetected until they reach the base and start the mission. And the missions that require stealth until the end will also have a much higher success rate.
What Is the Best Long Range Surveillance Camera Model with Thermal Imaging?
Of course, there is not a single model of a https://silentsentinel.com/product-range/osiris/ long range surveillance camera with thermal imaging. You will be able to find several of them on the market. But which one is the best? Well, it depends on the situations in which you need them. Three models have the most uses, and they can cover almost all the needs of your organization.
• Aeron searcher. This model is an alternative that is better used for mid-range. But it is best used for transport missions because it was designed to maximize its flexibility both in the usage and in the mounting options. You can choose thermal zoom lances up to only 300 mm. It can be a long-distance, but in comparison with other models, it is small. But it can also be equipped with a Wiper and illumination options for up to 500 m. The illumination can be done with white light or with infrared one.
• Jaegar searcher. This is a long-range platform that has a zoom option up to three times better than Aeron. This means that you can choose even the 900 mm lens. It is also built-in through the staff. So, it is very good for fixed location surveillance. And there are even more options from which you can choose from. For example, you can even pair it with a radar for an even bigger increase in the detection ability of the camera. And lastly, it is also equipped with HD, a normal lens of 1000 mm.
• Jaegar ULR camera. This camera model is very similar to the Jaegar searcher model. It only has two differences. It is specialized in long distances, so it can be named an ultra-long-distance platform. The thermal vision that it provides comes in HD, so the images are clear, and it can produce much better results in long-range surveillance. Also, the maximum zoom lens has an increase to 960 mm. And the image provided will still be in HD. Of course, it is possible to film at an even longer range. But the downside is that some of the image clarity is sacrificed.