Today's choices of privacy window and frosted glass film can facilitate you solve many common problems with heatand security without totally blocking your view. It is a simple, lucrative way to increase your homes placates energy-efficiency and general style. All that is requisite are a few common tools, an assistant for any large windows and some free time on any day to complete your venture.
Planning for the Installation
Measure the length and width of each window that you arrangement to add film to. You will feel like to know the measurements of the Privacy film for windows first to settle on which sizes to purchase. You should add some percent to your purchase to account for errors, and any additional scrap.
You'll feel like to initiate your project in the early morning or late afternoon to avoid the hottest parts of the day. Too much heat will cause the foamy solution used to coat the glass to dry earlier than you’re done and could cause streaks in your completed project.
1. Clean your windows entirely with a mixture of one teaspoon baby shampoo to one gallon bottled water. It is significant that you use a solution similar to shampoo and bottled water to make available the correct mix and final finish to your project.
2. Utilizing your measurements that you've recorded, cut a piece of film longer than the window you arrange to install to.
3. Spray the window, utilizing your spray bottle with the shampoo solution you utilized to clean the windows. Keep your hands wet with the solution also to put off leaving fingerprints.
4. Make use of two pieces of apparent tape to remove the backing from the film. On the whole, you want to put the tape on each side of a corner of the Privacy film for windows and pull the tape tabs separately so you can separate it from its backing.
5. From the top of the window, put the semi-adhesive side of your film onto the window and fasten it as you work your way downward the window. Profusely spray the window and the film with the shampoo solution. Once the film is efficiently in place, you now would like to squeegee any bubbles to within the edge of the window..
6. Just the once the majority of the surplus window film is trimmed off, go ahead and re-spray the surface of the film and squeegee out any bubbles.