Do you wish to eliminate irritation & redness caused due to prolong skin dryness? It’s better to start with a gentle body scrub in your own shower. Always choose a body scrub that is suitable for your skin—sugar, salt, silica, or jojoba do the scrubbing while oils, butters, and glycerin provide moisture. All these ingredients help to leave your skin beautifully renewed.
Here's a list of frequently asked questions about ways to use a body scrub:
1. What is the best way to use a scrub? Always prefer using a body scrub in bath or shower. It helps you avoid damaging your skin, as your body is thoroughly wet and softened with water. Just apply the scrub with hands using circular motions to massage it into your skin. Then rinse off and follow with a moisturizing body lotion afterwards.
2. How often to use body scrubs? Depends on the skin type, but since your skin is delicate, try and use body scrubs once or twice per week. First timers, make sure you test the body scrub on a small patch of your skin.
3. What are the key benefits of body scrubs? The main benefit is removal of dead skin cells to get a clearer and softer skin. The added advantage includes skin-smoothing benefit; satisfying feeling of having a massage in your own home.
4. What is the recommended routine? Thoroughly wet skin & apply the body scrub with your hands. Rinse off your skin and apply a moisturizing body lotion to help lock in moisture.
5. Why apply body lotion after using a body scrub? Anything applied on the skin after using a body scrub gets absorbed rapidly. Better apply a hydrating body lotion to help seal moisture in your skin.
6. What is the proper way of using body scrubs for relieving dry skin? Body scrubs are great for soothing dry skin conditions as they remove dry and dead skin cells and help you to nourish the skin underneath. Remember using a gentle body scrub, followed by a moisturizing body lotion. This approach is key to relieve your dry skin.
7. When to not use a body scrub? If your skin is suffering the condition of sunburn or rash, do not use a body scrub. It can irritate the skin even more and make the healing process go even longer. Prefer using a body wash, followed by good layering of body lotion.
8. How to use body scrubs before manicures and pedicures? For best results from manicure and pedicure, apply body scrub on your hands and feet before going to the spa or salon. This will elongate the effects of your manicure/pedicure and keep your skin smooth.
9. Can body scrub be used before or after shaving? Always use body scrub before shaving to avoid any kind of stinging or irritated sensations. Always use a moisturizing body lotion after shaving.